During the past 20 years, POTOP has built an interdisciplinary engineering team of polymer rheologists, mechanical engineers, and electrical engineers and it has sold over 500 advanced machines to customers around the world, mainly universities and the research units of global chemical companies.
POTOP is specialized in plastics and rubber processing machines for research and development. It was originally founded in 1993 in the Southern China University of Technology (Guangzhou, China) to commercialize the polymer processing machines developed in the National Engineering Research Center of Novel Equipment for Polymer Processing. In 2009, it is spin off as an independent business unit. During the past 20 years, POTOP has built an interdisciplinary engineering team of polymer rheologists, mechanical engineers, and electrical engineers and it has sold over 500 advanced machines to customers around the world, mainly universities and the research units of global chemical companies.
Collaborating with its customers to meet their unique specifications, POTOP has produced various processing machines in the following five categories:
· Functional film processing machines: single layer, multi-layer, lamination, casting, blowing, machine direction orientation, biaxial orientation, etc.
· Innovative multi screw compounding machines with 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 screws with significantly improved mixing for polymer blends and composites.
· Rubber forming machines: extruder, roll calender, mill, press vulvanizer, etc.
· Polymer Rheo-station for characterization the rheology of various polymer materials, including modular version and standalone version, torque rheometer or capillary rheometer.
· Other processing machines and auxiliaries, including pelletizer, MFI tester, 3D filament extrusion machine, pipe and wire extrusion, etc.
Among its unique machines, POTOP offers extruders with a glass window on the barrel so the operators can directly examine the mixing and melting process with their eyes.
POTOP is now striving to further grow its global market by combining made-in-china price & short lead time with made-in-Germany quality. POTOP always uses the best quality components in its products. For example, the motors, variable speed controls, PLC, temperature controllers are usually produced by internationally well-known manufacturers such as ABB, Siemens, Schneider, etc. The world-leading manufacturing network and supply chain in the southern China Pearl River Delta, where POTOP is located, ensures POTOP to deliver the high quality processing machines in a very short lead time.
As always, POTOP discusses with potential customers in detail to fully understand their unique specifications so they can design a functional machine. As shown in this catalog, POTOP designs and produces machines for both R&D customers to handle 10’s grams of expensive materials and pilot production customers that scale up the process to 100’s kg materials. The POTOP machines are designed with scale up capability in mind so the materials and processing technology developed with the POTOP R&D machines can be readily scaled up in large scale production machines.